Sewer and stormwater drains and pipe systems are one of the most important things that holds society together as we know it. Without these systems indoor plumbing in every home wouldn’t exist and rain would have nowhere to go, flooding our streets.
So it’s important to make sure that these pipes are in good working order at all times.
Luckily, the team at Emu. Plumbing. Pipe Relining. Gas has a lot of experience with these types of pipes! We’ve seen (and repaired) a lot of sewer and stormwater pipes so we can help you make the right decision for your plumbing.
How to Prevent Stormwater & Sewer Drain Issues
While there will always be damage that unfortunately can’t be prevented, there are a few things that you can do to help reduce your plumbing’s risk of issues occurring. These can be quite simple and if you’re on top of your maintenance you should be able avoid having unnecessary blockages or damage.
- Ensure that you’re only flushing toilet paper. Nothing else should ever go into your toilet – even if the kitty litter says it’s flushable, it’s not!
- Keep your drainage points clear of build-up and debris to prevent clogging in other parts of your stormwater drainage system.
- Check down-pipes and gutters for foreign objects that need to be removed. This could be building materials, stones, tennis balls, weeds or other plant matter.
- Once a year have your stormwater drainage system professionally water jetted to clear all debris and identify underlying problems.
How to Repair Stormwater & Sewer Drain Issues
Water jetting is the most common service we use to resolve stormwater drainage issues. Water jetting unblocks and cleans debris from pipes that might be creating an undesirable odour. Regular water jetting is also an excellent preventative maintenance measure that significantly decreases costly damages, such as those caused by the unmaintained growth of tree roots.
Once those pipes are clean, we use the latest CCTV drain inspection technology to evaluate the condition of your stormwater or sewer drainage system. This gives us a clear image so that we can identify issues within your pipes, including cracks or external damage. Armed with this information, we’ll provide a solution to repair any damage and help put a plan in place to prevent recurrences.
This process is fast, effective and saves you money as we can quickly and accurately gather the information that we need to problem-solve the best repair and maintenance strategy.
If our CCTV inspections find any cracks in your system, our revolutionary pipe relining service offers technology that repairs your stormwater drainage system without excavation, trenching or downtime.
Simply put, we insert a new, incredibly strong silicate or epoxy resin lining into the affected areas of the pipe. This essentially creates a new section of pipe within your stormwater drainage system that repairs any identified cracks, leaks or breaches.
We pride ourselves as being a leading pipe relining team in Brisbane. We attribute this to our engagement within the industry and prioritisation of research into emerging tools and technologies. Our focus is to offer our customers the best possible solutions for their stormwater and sewer drain issues. Plus, we are so confident in the quality of our work we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all services.
Should you Repair or Replace Stormwater & Sewer Drain Issues?
Once we’ve surveyed the pipes and pinpointed where the damage is, what the damage is and what has caused it, then we can know what the best option for you is. No two jobs are the same, so we’ll always make sure we know everything about your damage before giving our advice on next steps.
We’ll often recommend pipe relining when:
- Your pipes are very deep and excavation isn’t an option
- Your pipes are awkwardly positions and getting to them will cause even more damage
- The damage is somewhere that’s dangerous to access. We don’t want to be using heavy machinery to excavate on slopes, embankments or underneath walls.
We’ll recommend replacement when:
- Your pipes are severely damaged. We can’t reline the inside of pipe that has lost so much structural integrity it barely looks like a pipe anymore!
- Your pipes are close to the surface and easy to access.
- Your pipes are surrounding by very dense roots and are so badly blocked clearing these is no longer cost effecting