Our stormwater and sewer drains work hard (especially recently!) and as a result damage can happen. And when that damage happens they need to be repaired efficiently so they are back in working order as quickly as possible.
The thought of repairing these types of plumbing systems can be daunting.
But you’ll be happy to know that at Emu, we repair, replace and reline sewer and stormwater drains regularly. We are proud to provide the best possible solutions available, for relining or replacing damaged drains.
How do you know your Sewer or Stormwater Drains are Damaged?
First thing’s first – we need to determine if there’s damage. If you’re noticing any of the following it could be a sign of a leak or damage:
- Slow drainage
- Sewer backups and blockages
- Cracked concrete or paving
- Recurring puddles and mud patches
- Signs of building movement or softening ground around your foundations
- Recurring mould problems in the same areas
- Patches of lawn that are extra lush with growth
If you’re experiencing any of the above, it’s recommended to call in the experts to do an inspection.
With your pipes clean and clear, we’ll be able to determine what has caused damage and exactly where it is within the plumbing system. Once we have this information we’ll know whether it’s best to reline or repair and give you everything you need to know to make the best decision for you.
We cannot fault Tony and the team at Emu Plumbing. We had a very complex reline of a long combined sewer that had plagued us for decades. Emu used latest technology combined with their considerable experience to creatively problem solve over four days of hard yakka. It was over 36 degrees!
The team were professional, courteous and went the extra mile to do the job. After three days on site they left the place clean and tidy as if they were never there. We would recommend Emu without reservation.
– Alan & Lesley C
Pipe Relining for your Sewer and Stormwater Drains
Damage to buried and underground pipes can be tricky, and can often be found underneath driveways, buildings or landscaping. Which can turn into a big job! That’s where pipe relining comes in.
Pipe relining repairs damaged lengths of pipe using the latest in relining technology. We use a liner of woven fabric impregnated with silicate or epoxy resin to create a completely new and incredibly strong inner pipe that will permanently bonded to the existing pipe.
We’ll recommend pipe relining when…
- Your pipes are very deep – excavating very deep can be dangerous and expensive!
Your pipes are awkwardly positioned – When the damage occurs underneath driveways, landscaping or foundations the last thing anyone wants to do is cut all that up, excavate and then reinstate it all again! This can be a costly and time consuming process.
- The damage is positioned down an embankment – sometimes getting in heavy machinery to excavate can be nearly impossible! In tough to reach areas, down slopes and underneath retaining walls etc.
I called Emu Plumbing to fix a broken pipe that was causing my stormwater to flood my neighbour’s yard. They came out, fixed a problem, when it was discovered that there was another issue they fixed it at no charge. Great to see a company these days taking responsibility for their workmanship.
Thank you Tony and the team!
– Chris M
Replacing your Sewer and Stormwater Drains
Replacing your stormwater and sewer sometimes can be the right choice for your situation (as much as we love getting our pipe relining tools out!)
We’ll recommend a replacement when…
- The pipes have severe damage – for relining your stormwater and sewer drains to work, the original pipe, either side of the break, needs to be relatively in-alignment. If the damage is too severe and out of alignment, relining this section may not be possible.
- The damage is easily accessible – for pipes that are close to the surface and easy to access, sometimes it is quicker to simply dig up and replace them. We aim to provide the most suitable repair for the situation at hand.
- There are extremely dense roots, debris or concrete blockages – if your pipes are so badly blocked that clearing it will be cost prohibitive, then replacing those areas will often be the best option.