Rialto Towers Water Sub-Meter Installation
Emu Plumbing Gas Fitting & Solar were commissioned to undertake the installation of cold water sub-meters to QUU specifications- locating them on ground floor common area in galvanised meter boxes at Tower Lodge 37 Rialto Street, Coorparoo.
The project works included:
- Supply & install 4 x galvanised meter boxes on rear wall of garages & label “Water Sub-Meters”.
- Supply & install 6 x QUU approved meters in the new meter boxes to the QUU specifications. Label each meter with name tag for ease of identification.
- Have core holes drilled through concrete footpath/ramp as required to bring pipes through to units
- Supply & install new 20mm copper cold water pipes from existing copper main nearby, to new meters.
- Supply & install 6 x new 20mm copper water pipes from each meter up brick wall to the respective unit
- Supply & install new 1/4 turn isolation valves for each unit to replace old T-Head taps
- Cap off the old galvanised water services in the walls.
- Secure & test all works.
- Supply form4 to QBCC.
- Supply Body Corporate with table showing all meter locations, serial numbers & readings at completion of works.
All works were completed over a (predicted) 2 day period. The Body Corporate is now able to monitor water usage, cost and all owners are able to be more water efficient as a result.